The Keto diet — it refers to the high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet. There are claims that you can eat all the fat you want, never feel hungry in your life, also you will lower your blood sugar if you have type 2 diabetes, and even boost your overall athletic performance, as the diet promises something for everyone.
What Is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a diet that is based on the principle that by depleting the body of carbohydrates, which are its primary source of energy, you can force the body to burn fat for fuel, thereby maximizing weight loss. When you consume foods that contain carbohydrates, the body converts those carbohydrates into glucose, or blood sugar, which it then uses for energy.
Keto Diet Foods: Fats
Focus mostly on omega-3s from fish like trout, salmon, and sardines or take a high-quality fish oil supplement like krill oil. Also, be mindful of nuts and seeds because they do contain some carbs, especially pistachios and almonds.
Fats and Oils
Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and macadamia nut oil Nuts and seeds
Fats and Oils to Avoid
Corn oil, peanut oil, canola oil, soybean oil, sunflower, and grapeseed oil are all fats that sound healthier than they actually are.
Keto Diet Foods: Dairy
- Unflavored Greek yogurt, fermented yogurt, and kefir
- Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream
- Hard cheeses like blue cheese, gouda, cheddar, and parmesan
- Semi-hard cheese such as colby, provolone, and Swiss cheese
- Softer cheeses like mozzarella, brie, muenster, and Monterey Jack
- Cream cheese, sour cream, mascarpone, creme fraiche, and cottage cheese, which are also fine on a high-fat diet
Keto Diet Foods: Proteins
- Choose the highest-quality meat and eggs you can afford
- Pick grass-fed, organic, and pasture-raised options whenever possible
- Look for wild-caught seafood sources
- When it comes to cut, select a fattier cut whenever possible
Here are the best proteins to eat on keto:
- Beef, preferably fattier cuts like steak, veal, roast, and ground beef
- Poultry, including chicken, quail, duck, turkey and wild game — try to focus on the darker, fattier meats
- Pork, including pork loin, tenderloin, chops, ham, bacon, and ground
- Fish, including mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardines, trout, halibut, cod, catfish, and mahi-mahi
- Shellfish, including oysters, clams, crab, mussels, and lobster
- Organ meats, including heart, liver, tongue, kidney, and offal
- Eggs, including deviled, fried, scrambled, and boiled — use the whole egg
- Lamb meat
- Goat meat
- Bell peppers
- Collard greens
- Green and white cabbage
- Brussels sprouts
- Berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, and blackberries
- Certain melons
source to read more at: https://perfectketo.com/